Mid back pain usually occurs in individuals that sit for a long period of time, like students or people with desk jobs. The long periods of sitting can become tiring and the persons core weakens and then they start to slouch. This is especially worse with long term computer use.
What can help?
- Standing and walking for 1-2 min every hour or two.
- Place a small pillow or low back support at the small of your back. This will help you sit up straighter.
- Use a standing workstation.
- Extension stretches: sit up straight, and push your chest out in front of you while arching your back. Reach for the floor with your fingers, tilt your head back and look at the ceiling as far as you can. Big deep breaths help while doing this stretch.
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Ergonomically friendly work station.
- Buy a foam roller: this is a relatively cheap tool (anywhere from $25-$40) that will help relieve stiffness in the mid back. Click here to watch a video on how to use a foam roller